Why Galaxy phones have low SAR value?

 With SAR being a controversial topic, I thought I'd bring in some research that I've done.


My original point is that as a long time SAR user I'm not that surprised that a Galaxy phone

has a lower SAR value.

I'm not sure how the SAR values of other phones compares to a Galaxy, but I can't imagine

it's too different.

I've already used my Galaxy Nexus with a headband for a couple of years and I still think it's

the best phone for SAR. I'm sure that other phones have better SAR values, but I can't
imagine that they are too different.

So, how can this be?

I've come up with the following theory: - The Galaxy Nexus is an entry-level phone. It's designed to be a low cost phone that will

appeal to the mass market. - Because of this, it is going to have a lower SAR value. - If you want to have a phone with a high SAR value, you need to look at higher end phones. - The SAR values of these phones are going to be much higher, as the hardware is geared

more towards people who want to play games.

What do you think?

I have a Galaxy Note, so I'm definitely not in the mass market, but my impression is that a
Galaxy phone has a low SAR value. Because the Galaxy Nexus is aimed at the mass market, I would expect that it has a lower SAR value than a high end phone.

Is there any truth in this?

P.S. I know that some people will disagree with my conclusions. That's fine. I'm curious to see

if others have a different view.

Previous
Next Post »